Stepping Stones Evaluations
The Stepping Stones programme has been been evaluated with greater or less formal rigour in many different contexts around the world.
Below we share links to some of these evaluations – but by no means all of them.
If your organisation has conducted an evaluation of your Stepping Stones work, please share it with us in the interests of mutual learning.
Please also view other pages relevant to evaluation on this website.
- The Gambia
- South Africa
- Survey of Stepping Stones Users Strategies for Hope (2010)
- Karnataka – Evaluation of Stepping Stones (2009)
Global (UNAIDS/Salamander Trust)
Presentation at UNAIDS pre-think tank workshop on evaluation strategies for prevention programmes, Alice Welbourn, Salamander Trust (2009)
Pacific Islands (Fiji)
- Monitoring and Evaluation toolkit (2009)
- Fiji Evaluation (2007)
South Africa (Medical Research Council)
“Evaluation of Stepping Stones: A Gender Transformative HIV Prevention Intervention” Jewkes et al, MRC S Africa Policy Brief (2007)
Uganda, Tanzania and Angola (ACORD)
- “Joining Hands” (2006)
- “Looking Forward, Looking Back”, Conference report (2006)
- “Looking Forward, Looking Back”, Highlight of the Conference report (2006)
A study reviewing various evaluations and reports, commissioned by ActionAid International and written by Tina Wallace, entitled “Evaluating Stepping Stones” (2003)
- ATHENA & UNAIDS. Community_innovation 2011.pdf
- AWID_Monitoring&evaluation for women’s rights_Insights for women’s organisations.pdf
- AWID_Monitoring&evaluation for women’s rights_insights for donors.pdf
- SS Report on Tanzania Community meetings Feb ’10.doc
- Stepping Stones ‘Pilot’ report.doc
- Tale of water drinking in Galaka.docx